How to Throw an Unforgettable Easter Party
Easter is a holiday that symbolizes the end of the cold, hard winter, the rebirth of nature, and the coming of summer with its comforting warmth. It’s also a great excuse to get together with friends and loved ones to celebrate the changing of the seasons.
Here are a few tips to help you plan the ultimate get-together this Easter:
- Egg Hunt: There’s no getting around it, Easter just isn’t Easter without an egg hunt. But not all egg hunts are created equal! Spice up the main event by including some plastic rainbow-coloured eggs filled with little gifts inside, or stash away a special, difficult-to-find treasure chest full of chocolate coins.
- Egg Painting: Like with the egg hunt above, if you’re considering skipping something as classic as egg painting, you’re overthinking it! Set up a crafts station where kids and adults can get messy dyeing or painting eggs. Be sure to include some cardboard and party hats so that everyone can make themselves bunny-eared headwear.
- Snacks: Keep your guests from getting hungry with a spread of snacks for them to enjoy throughout the party. Add little chocolate eggs to bags of popcorn for the ultimate sweet and salty treat. Or you can stick some marshmallow peeps on skewers and dip them in chocolate. If there’s ever a day of the year where you can’t have too much chocolate, it’s Easter.
- Tablescape: Speaking of spreads: your table’s going to need one. Start with flowers: wrap twine around some vintage milk bottles, place a few stems of seasonal blooms in each one, and distribute across your table (bonus tip: remove the flowers later on in the party and include them with your party favours). Opt for a white linen tablecloth and colourful pastel napkins. Finally, an old wire basket filled with coloured eggs will make a great centrepiece.
- Feast: You can only feed your guests chocolate and sweets for so long. Eventually, you’ll want to gather around that beautiful tablescape and break bread with the people you love. The big decision to make here is whether to stick with a traditional Easter dinner headliner like ham, lamb, or chicken or try something more fresh and modern like a spring pea and asparagus risotto. For the appetizer, why not stick with the holiday theme? Serve deviled eggs that you’ve dyed pastel colours with a bit of food colouring!
- Favours: Don’t let your guests leave empty-handed! Small seasonal gifts can leave a lasting impression without overburdening the people receiving them. A small plant like a succulent or a few packets of seeds can tie in nicely with the nature of the celebration.
- Baskets: What will truly make your Easter party unforgettable are some gift baskets from Boodles of Baskets! Browse the large selection of Easter baskets and find the perfect gifts for your friends and loved ones. And with shipping available across North America, you can make sure that even those who live too far away to attend your party won’t be left out from the celebration!