What to Put in a Holiday Gift Basket
The cold, dark months always bring with them that spirit of gift-giving to brighten people’s day. But while you might have good intentions, it can be a real head-scratcher when it comes to thinking up perfect holiday-themed gift basket ideas for your loved ones.
Always consider what you know about the people receiving the basket. Would they love a hot chocolate gift basket or a movie night gift basket? Should you add a gift card to the basket’s contents?
Trust the Boodles experts to provide you with dozens of great holiday gift basket ideas! We can also create a gift basket for you to save you time and frustration!
DIY Christmas Gift Baskets for Your Loved Ones
Making your own Christmas gift baskets can be fun, especially during the wrapping stage. But what should you put in the basket? When you don’t know the person well or have run out of ideas from years of gift-giving, it may be time to go the safe route by choosing items that are generally accepted by the person’s age or demographic.
A Christmas gift basket doesn’t necessarily have to contain Christmas items. You can fill it with everyday items, using decorative Christmas wrapping and mini candy canes to make your perfect gift all the more festive.
PRO TIP: The holiday season can be hard on your wallet, so check out your local dollar store or thrift store for wrapping materials. You can find a beautiful basket selection or high-quality paper and still save money.
DIY Christmas Gift Baskets for Women
Older women often love to receive a spa gift basket, which can include:
- Scented candles
- Tea Bags
- A big mug
- Scented soaps and body washes
- Face and hand cream
- Nail polish
- A shower loofah
- Bath salts
If your mother, aunt, or friend have a green thumb, you can also make a DIY Christmas gift basket with all the supplies they need for gardening, such as:
- Packs of seedlings
- Outdoor scissors
- A garden knife
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- A tool tote bag
No matter what you put into your DIY gift baskets, your loved ones will see it as a thoughtful gift.
DIY Christmas Gift Baskets for Men
They say that the way to his heart is with food, and many men will be head over heels in love with a BBQ gift basket, which can contain:
- Grilling utensils
- BBQ brush set
- Spices and herbs
- Sauces, olive oil, and marinades
- A 6-pack of beer
If your father, grandfather, or neighbor, loves breakfast, then they may like a pancake gift basket complete with:
- Coffee beans, tea bags, or hot cocoa
- A mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Instant pancake mixes
- Jams and jellies
- A dish towel
The culinary world is full of all sorts of great ideas for gift baskets designed for men. You can also create a gift basket with grooming items for their hair and beard with cologne.
Boodles and Baskets has many Christmas gift basket options, including:
- Christmas Gift of Distinction: This huge ensemble contains many treats, such as Ghirardelli chocolates, fruit jellies, smoked salmon, dipping pretzels, appetizer crackers, brie cheese, chocolate mints, a snack mix, and more!
- Mosaic Gift Baskets: Wrapped in five festive boxes and a gorgeous bow, this gift tower offers a great variety of surprises, including mini maple cookies, caramel corn, chocolate chip shortbread cookies, salted butterscotch shortbread, Laura Secord fudge, and more!
DIY Christmas Gift Baskets for Kids and Teens
Fill a Christmas gift basket with sweet treats, games, and other fun items, such as:
- Chocolate and candy
- Hot chocolate mix
- Baked cookies
- Board games
- Computer or console games
- Stuffed animals
- Coloring book and pencils
Remember that your family members and friends may like a gift basket idea that’s in a different section above; some men like to garden and not all kids like candy and chocolate, for example. Be sure to customize your basket for the people to whom you give the basket.
DIY Hanukkah Gift Baskets
Whether you’re making a DIY Hanukkah basket for a single person or a new couple, they may appreciate a gift basket with:
- Chocolate gold coins
- Jelly beans
- A menorah
- Chanukah candles
- A homemade card
- Snack mixes
- Pasta and homemade sauce
With any holiday, you don’t need to include holiday-oriented items. Giving a gift basket of baked goodies, such as rugelach and babka, or other kosher treats are also a thoughtful gesture.
DIY Kwanzaa Gift Baskets
Celebrate your community and its roots with a DIY Kwanzaa gift basket that includes:
- A kinara
- A Kwanzaa candle set
- Books about African American history and great figures
- A Unity cup
- Chocolate-dipped fruit
- Handwoven items
A DIY gift basket is a great way to feel closer to your family, friends, and neighbours.
Holiday Food and Drink Gift Baskets
The best Christmas gift basket ideas usually involve food and drink, and a variety of choices always ensures that everyone finds something that they like.
Spread the joy and love during the holiday season with some Boodles of Baskets gift options:
- Limited Edition Gift Basket: Perfect for the office or a care facility, this trove of goodies includes chocolate caramel bites, Laura Secord Fudge, Walkers shortbread, old-fashioned wild berry candies, Sonoma Jack cheese,white chocolate cranberry shortbread, and more.
- Canada Gift Basket: For friends or family in the States, send them a Canada-oriented gift basket with treats they can’t find anywhere else, such as moose droppings (chocolate covered almonds), a large box of maple cream cookies, Canadian maple fudge, maple syrup, and more.
We can add the personal touch to most baskets with customization options. Shop now or contact us for more details!