Step 3: Wrap
Once you’ve selected your items and assembled them in the gift basket of your choice, it’s time to start wrapping! If you’re shipping your gift basket via mail, you may want to consider wrapping each item separately with shrink wrap for cushioning.
Here is where you can have fun with the layout:
- Choose wrapping materials that match the theme of your basket or stick to a three-colour palette. For Christmas, this could be green, red, and silver. You can also add other decorative touches, such as cellophane that has a design in it but still allows for visibility.
- Tie ribbon on all of the gift items and the basket handles
- Wrap the basket with enough cellophane that there is access above the basket’s highest point. Bring the edges of the cellophane together to encapsulate the basket. Form a twist tie at the top with the cellophane, securing it with ribbon. You can also add a bow on top with tape.
- Keep your basket a mystery by using wrapping paper instead of cellophane.
If you’re shipping the gift basket, place it in a large enough box that allows for some extra room. Place packing paper inside to prevent the gift basket from moving around too much.
Boodles of Baskets Christmas Ideas to Help You Out
When you don’t have time to shop for and wrap a gift basket, you can turn to us! We have a wide range of gift baskets that can also be customized. Here a sample of our selection:
- Limited Edition: This gift basket offers many premier edible goodies in a wooden box, such as a large bag of Almond Roca, biscotti, a large box of maple cookies, smoked salmon, gourmet wine gums, and Sonoma Jack cheese.
- Mosaic Gift Baskets: This is technically a gift tower, which includes five boxes to open. The treats inside include mini maple cookies, caramel corn, chocolate chip shortbread cookies, salted butterscotch shortbread, and Laura Secord fudge.
Thanksgiving Gift Baskets
Christmas isn’t the only holiday that takes place during the holiday season. If you have American friends or family that you can or can’t visit this Thanksgiving, show how grateful you are to have them in your life with one of our Canada gift baskets or make your own!
Remember, you can add little touches like red and white ribbon and fake maple leaves to give them a taste of Canadian culture. Or send them some homegrown maple treats!